Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Space Cadet






Last week when my cousin Jill was here, Grandma Jo, Jill and I went down to the NASA Space Center in Houston. I am not really into "space stuff", but it was actually really cool. We took a tram ride around the NASA facility, and were able to view (1) the central command center in which all the Apollo missions were monitored (as seen in Apollo 13, and The Right Stuff), (2) the current astronaut training center with life-size reproductions of the International Space Station, and (3) a MASSIVE retired rocket that propelled the space shuttles during the 1960's through the 1980's/90's(?). The rocket was my favorite, because it was seriously huge. It was on its side enclosed in a big warehouse, and was truly gargantuan.


I am posting a few photos for your viewing enjoyment :-)

2 comments:

Debbie O. said...

Space-tacular!
My friend Cynthia works at NASA in Houston actually! When she came back to DC to visit we went to the air and space museum. You guys should be friends.

Jana Anderson said...

"Space-Tacular"? I love you Debbie.